The health and safety of our patients is always our top priority, however, with the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) our team at Katherine E. Garrett DDS, PA Family and Cosmetic Dentistry are even more committed to providing you quality dental care as we continue to operate business as usual.
We have been actively monitoring recent developments in the virus’ progression and are attempting to synthesize information from credible sources as best we can. While we have no control over governmental responses to COVID-19, we truly believe that each one of us can play a significant role in protecting ourselves, our loved ones, our neighbors, our communities, and the public’s overall health. As such, while we continue to stay open (and we’ll certainly let you know if that status changes), we do want to address any questions or concerns you may have by reminding you of the ways that we regularly maintain a sanitary environment for all your North Raleigh Dental Care needs.
North Raleigh Dental Care – Standard Cleaning Measures
Our regular cleaning routine which has always been in place includes the following:
- Disinfecting, wiping down, sanitizing, and thoroughly cleaning each room after every patient to exceed health standards
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and sterilizing all tools and equipment used during our appointments
- Frequently wiping down and cleaning surfaces in our waiting room throughout the day
- Requiring staff to stay home when sick
- Requiring staff to wash their hands before and after every patient
- Wearing protective clothing, masks, and sanitary gloves during all appointments
- Having several hand sanitizers available around our office for staff and patient use
- Making reschedule patient appointments simple if you are sick or don’t feel well
- Openly communicating and keeping things transparent with staff and patients
- Keeping our patients’ health and safety top of mind
While we feel that our normal level of cleaning would sufficiently ward away any illness, we fully recognize the severity of COVID-19 and are being extra diligent in our cleaning routines right now. In fact, we are working hard to ensure we have extra cleaning and sanitation materials available for our patient appointments regardless of the shortages (groceries, paper products, etc) that seem to be occurring in North Raleigh.
We want to assure our patients that we are taking all the essential precautions and have protocols in place to help minimize any risk of infection, inside and outside of our office. To ensure that we are being proactive in protecting our patients and staff, we have implemented a process for the coronavirus prior to all appointments. As such, we ask that you please stay home and contact us if you do not feel well or are sick. We will gladly help you reschedule your appointment for a later date.
If you are well, we ask that you continue to practice social distancing as well as hand washing (or hand sanitizer). You can reference the official health information from the CDC for more information and how you can help prevent the spread of illness.
Again, we care about you and your family’s overall health, not just your dental health. We will continue to follow our protocols and continue to monitor the situation closely. We will closely follow the CDC’s (Center for Disease Control) instructions and update you should any updates or new information be released. Thank you for being an amazing patient as we assess this rapidly evolving situation. We look forward to seeing you!