There are many different types dentists out there; your family dentist is just one of many. The mouth is a very complicated part of the human body!
Your family dentist, Dr. Katherine E. Garrett, examins your teeth to make sure there aren’t any problems like cavities, crooked teeth, overbites, and more. She also keeps your mouth bacteria free with routine check ups. In addition, our office also works with you when you need to visit another type of dentist. For example, if you need braces, there is a good chance you will be sent to an orthodontist.
There are a number of specialty areas in dentistry:
- general dentist: responsible for routine care, overall maintenance and referrals.
- family dentist: able to serve a wide range of patrons from young children to older adults.
- periodontist: specializes in gum care.
- cosmetic dentist: specializes in creating natural, beautiful and healthy smiles.
- orthodontist: specializes in tooth irregularities.
- endodontist: specializes in oral diseases.
- oral surgeon: for more severe oral conditions that require simple to complex surgery.
Dr. Garrett offers a wide range of services including general, family and cosmetic dental care. If there are any services she doesn’t specifically handle, her referral network is only the best and highest quality dentists in Raleigh, NC. Your family dentist is excited to help you with all your dental needs. Contact us for an appointment!